Monday 17 October 2016

Crochet Necklaces

Sometimes it's funny which craft projects turn into an object that's loved and cherished - and which ones don't. It happens quite a lot that something I've been really excited about ends up half finished or  stays hidden away in some drawer. And then there are others that were done nearly half heartedly and turn out to be used a lot.
I made this crochet necklace a while ago, mainly to try out crocheting with beads. The beads aren't the best quality, they're plastic and were salvaged from an old hair clip. They're also very lightweight which is the main reason I didn't really like the necklace: I was going for a 20s look and I really needed more weight for the necklace to hang right. Yet recently I decided to start wearing some of the things I had lying around in my room and the colour of the necklace happened to go well with the jumper I was wearing. It looked better to double it up though and suddenly the light weight didn't matter anymore and I was really happy with how it looked.



 I decided to make another beaded necklace this time with pearl beads and pink yarn.



It might be a present for someone or I might try to sell it in our Etsy shop, I don't know yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment