Wednesday 12 October 2016

Introducing myself

Hello, |'m Anke. If someone had told me a year or even six months ago that I would start writing a blog I wouldn't have believed them. Despite the fact that I love reading blogs, first and foremost my sister's lovely artist's blog, I never thought that anything in my life was worth to blog about. What made me change my mind? I'm not really sure. Last week I was on a walk trying to get my toddler son to nap in his buggy, collecting blackberries and thinking about the jumper I was going to knit when I suddenly realised that I would love to write about all this: my craft projects, cooking and baking, my experiences as a first time mum and my love for the beautiful countryside. Like everyone with a passion I also love talking about it but I don't want to bore everyone around me. You can't expect everyone to get excited about the colour of a new ball of wool. In a blog I can share my passion with like-minded people and only if they are willing to read it. So there is no danger of boring anyone. And even if nobody is going to read what I write it will still be diary and a document of what I have done which I can come back to later in my life.
Funnily enough although being an avid reader of novels and though I'd sincerely love being able to write, I'm not very good at it. I've been known to spend ages to write a simple birthday card to a friend. I've been unable to keep a diary for more than a month, always feeling ashamed of my inelegant style. But I am always better when writing under some kind of pressure and the knowledge that somebody might be reading my blog is a kind of pressure for me.

So this is what this blog is going to be about: I think it will be firstly a craft blog, mainly about knitting, crocheting and sewing, but I'd also like to write about my life as a stay at home mum to my moon-obsessed toddler son (hence the title of the blog: he keeps wanting to see the moon even in the middle of a cloudy day). There might be some cooking and baking recipes and some book reviews. That's my plan for the moment anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment